Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Major Upset

Today was a major upset for me, with a month of hard work and some decent preparation , I gave a mock GMAT with a confidence of decent score in previous Kaplan GMAT which were 660 and 680 , my score dipped to 540 in the mock I gave today. 41 in Quant and mere 21 in English.

It’s like now or never for me and the current score is making me go into abyss of failures. A dream which is a long awaited for me seems to be turning into a catastrophe amalgamated with a night mare of 540.

With more than 50 days left for my GMAT, it seems that time has come to revamp and re-design my strategies. An exam more this weekend when am at home would help me decide what I need to redesign. Maybe a bit of excitement and agony , marked as the spoilers in today’s exam.

Coming to the preparation side, have to concentrate more on co-ordinate, permutation and combination and probability part. The statistics part still remains untouched and need to practice a lot on the same. Plan to finish of with OG soon and take up Manhattan guide.

Esnips a wonderful place, a heaven that has help me download some unavailable material. Wren and Martin needs to be concentrated upon more, and the pages starting from the mid 200 where in, correct usage of prepositions etc are given has to be reached before mid April and has to finished off within next 5 days. Maybe writing more blogs and thanks to the Microsoft editor and also Pagalguy threads, my English may come to the original picture , which obviously has been ripped apart into pieces after certain changes have been taken up by me, and a major one of them is the 'Slang Dude English. Still cannot believe how could a boy like me could come to this.

Previous PowerPrep practice sessions made me a bit over confident, with critical reasoning involving 3 mistakes out of 15 and sentence correction involving only a single mistake.This made me refrain from further practices.However now , in addition to Wren and Martin , have taken up Oxford Dictionary, and am trying to mug some important words up and also get to understand and know the meaning of few words, which though English look and sound to me as Latin in the latest taken up novel by me, which is the Snow Country.

Well from today a post daily starts with what are the updates on the GMAT front.

No comments: